Tuesday, August 11, 2015

In the interest of tradition...

Bayou Battles is in four days, and as is tradition, I am going to be painting up to the last minute. I'd planned on having time to paint, but a last minute editing gig and a new job have vastly limited my painting time. (There was also some farting around done as well.)

So I had to prioritize. I'll save the siege crew for last, and if I don't get them done, my siege engines will be crewed by night goblins.

On the fun side, while we were in Africa earlier this summer (part of why I got less painting done than I hoped), I realized my Pentax box camera, while great for kayaking (it's waterproof), it is not ideal for what I want otherwise. My wife got a new 55-300 lens for her Nkion (D40), which left us with a 55-200 lens she would never use again. She also got AMAZING photos in Africa. Looking on Amazon, I found that a new D40X body could be had on the cheap. Long story short, what ended up happening was that she ordered herself an upgraded camera body and I inherited the D40.

While the Pentax is 10 MP and the D40 is only 6, I can already tell the difference in optics is pretty substantial.

Even if my army will not be as awesome as I want it to be, I hope to get some good photos of the armies at BB. If I do, I'll post them here.

No comments: