Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Good, Bad, and Ugly of the Weekend

Don't get me wrong Bayou Battles was great. I loved it and plan on going next year.

The Good:
The people running it are awesome. Despite losing all five games, I still had a great time in all five games. I didn't witness any bad behavior, There were more FANTASTIC looking armies than I've ever seen before.

The Bad:
Hangovers on Sunday morning. Spending so much time getting your army painted you have never played that list or one like it before. It would have helped me in my first two games. The fourth scenario drastically penalizes slow armies and drastically benefits fast armies. Still nearly pulled out a draw, but it was a lot harder because my opponent nabbed all three objectives on turn 1.

The Ugly:
Being on a low carb diet while there. There is barely time for fast food for lunch, and we went to a Cajun place for dinner. Bad choice on my part, but I'm going back next year when I'm not on a low carb diet. Using Diet DP for a mixer late at night means I'm drunk and wide awake. better drink choice next time. Finally, seeing all these GORGEOUS armies makes me want to start a new one. NO! I've even planned out the  models I need. NO! I've got this great idea for a theme. NO!

What I really need to do is pretty up the TKs get to work repainting my Black Templars. They were my first army when I first started painting. I've stripped a bunch of them and plan on getting back to work on them soon. NO NEW ARMY...yet.

No comments: