Sunday, June 14, 2015

Throwing Dice Again!

Late April through early may was spent getting ready for a trip to Uganda to visit my brother-in-law. Very little painting got done, and even less dice throwing happened.
Worth it.

We got to see mountain gorillas from about 10 feet away in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.

We saw the famous tree-climbing lions of Ishasha.
We also saw rhinos at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, as well as giraffes, more varieties of antelopes than I can remember, zebras, hippos, and some of the most beautiful countrysides I have ever seen.  

That being said, I'm back and got to painting again. Even better, I got to play again. I was planning on playing a big Triumph and Treachery game, but only two of us showed, so we played a regular game instead at 1000 points. 

He brought 10 ogres at 1000 points, 4 iron guts, 3 bulls, and 3 characters (L1 firebelly, l3 slaughter master, and one with a scythe I'd never heard of). I brought 30 savage biguns, a doom diva, two manglers squigs, a L3 savage shaman, and a black orc warboss. 

My plan was to use the manglers to soften up his units and then take them on with the savages by going wide. He set up with both units in the center. and went first. I was hoping he'd stay close together like, so I could manage to keep both units in front of me and not get flanked.

Apparently, bringing two manglers and a doom diva to a 1000 point game is a dick move (I only brought the models I'd planned on using for T&T). By the end of turn three, he had the slaughter master left, One of my manglers was down to one wound. Between the manglers initial hit, the doom diva, and good scatter rolls on the manglers, my savages never moved.

It was the third time I'd gotten to play with the manglers. Now I understand why the reaction the first two times I used them was to kill them first, no matter what.

No comments: