Monday, March 17, 2014

End of Vacation...

Vacation has ended, and there are far fewer elves painted than I'd hoped. I think I've settled on a paint scheme, the archers have been blocked in, and the dragons, except the big one, have been base coated.

I was hoping to at least have the archers done, but honey-do projects consumed much of my time. So little painting was done, but my lovely and patient wife is happier about the state of our house, and that's always good.

Finally, I came to some conclusion. The first is that I need to paint more regularly to build skill with a brush rather than in flurries and mad rushes. The second is that this is not the army for me to learn to paint non-metallic metals. In fact, an army is not the thing at all for me to work on learning that skill at all. once I finish this army, I'll consider learning that skill on either a smaller unit or single models.

1 comment:

Tiago Vitorino said...

Hey man, here's my blog: http://middleearthminis.blogspot.com
All about Lord of the Rings miniatures :) Follow me