Thursday, May 10, 2018

Demo Game Failure

Moving to Oregon from San Antonio meant leaving our D&D group and everyone I knew who played tabletop war games. I've been itching to get back into Kings of War and Deadzone. I recently found that there are KoW players up here, though not many. I have yet to find any Deadzone players.

However, my wife and I both used to play Mordheim, that out-of-print GW gateway drug into miniature gaming. So I convinced her ti give DZ a try. I made up a couple of 100 point lists, Enforcers for her and Forge Fathers for me. It went poorly. To start with, the tactical dice were generous to me and rude to her. Then the d8s said, "Hold My Beer!" and tried to top them. Every shot I took killed a model. Not a single shot of hers resulted in a wound to mine. I left models wide in the open, with her models elevated, doubling her chances to hit. No luck.

Needless to say, after I killed the third o her five models in two turns, she declared the game over. I don't think I have a convert for this game.

No comments: