Thursday, August 28, 2014

Enough is Enough...For Now

I know I've said it before, but this time my inherent cheapness might carry me through. No more armies for the foreseeable future. I started playing the bigger events with Bayou Battles 2012 with my Orcs and Goblins, and in the following two years, I brought entirely new armies to BB2013 and 14, being Tomb Kings and High Elves respectively.

The thing is, I've never gotten good at playing an army before picking up a new one. Right when I started having a littlle success with the OG list, I started playing TKs, which though they can apparently be played effectively, apparently not by me. HEs are already my most effective army in that I had my best finish ever at a GT, which while not all that great, was an improvement.

In addition, the last minute flurry of painting before BB this year saw my paint score drop, which I expected because I did a sloppy job and the army looks unfinished. So I've got my work cut out for me before Alamo to make the needed improvements.

So rather than put the Elves aside when I get them looking better, my goal is to go back to either of the other armies an make them look better, find out how to play them better, and improve my skills as a painter and player.

Besides, I've got enough unpainted models of all three armies to just about make another army of each of them. Let's not even go into my old Black templar army that I stripped the paint off of to start over or the Necrons that I still have about 1000 points of that are unpainted, not that I even play 40K any more.

No comments: