Sunday, August 24, 2014

A little bit of progress and experimentation

I'm out of the Valejo black I used to get the blackened look on the White Lions armor. So while I wait for a chance to go pick up more, I worked on a few more things.
 
I tried to paint up the loremaster the to go with the swordmasters, so I went with the Gehenna's Gold, followed by a Seraphim Sepia wash, then a light drybrushing of Auric Armor Gold. For the sword, I used the Valejo Black with a touch of Metal Medium. This is the same batch  used on the WL test. Shortly aft this I ran out of the Valejo Black.
The Archmage still needs a little work, but  the fun experiment was the headpiece, vambraces and pauldrons. I used Valejo Light Turquoise, with a touch of the metal medium, a touch of black, then a touch of white. I then gave it a light wash of Nuln Oil and a light drybrush of Valejo Silver.

 This one was the big failure of the evening. I Started his armor with Ironbreaker, then a Nuln Oil wash, then a light highlight of Runefang Steel. I was trying to get the look of red metal so I used a Bloodletter Glaze. I'm not sure it can be saved. He may have to go into the Simple Green.

No comments: